The lyrics to an incredible song called "Known" with Psalm 139 at its heart have painted such indelible pictures in my mind of how God knows me. The song is full of analogies and sometimes we really need analogies to grasp heavenly things.
There are a number of analogies in the Bible that use earthly relationships to help us understand our relationship with God. Here are a few:
He knows me like...
- a husband knows his wife (Ephesians 5:25-27)
- a teacher knows his students (Matthew 7:28-29, John 13:13, John 20:16)
- a father knows his children (Luke 6:36, Luke 11:13)
- a friend knows a friend (John 15:13-15)
When I think of how I know Him, my thoughts can hardly be put into words because I know my knowledge of Him will never be complete this side of Heaven. I am constantly learning about Him and getting to know Him better.
I know Him like...
- a bluebird knows the sky (it flies through the sky every day and yet is always seeing something new or flying a different path; it has limitless room to explore the infinite reaches of the sky)
- a child at the symphony (she knows the melody but has much to learn before she can understand how the harmonies weave together to form a masterpiece)
- an angelfish knows the sea (it swims through the depths of the ocean its whole life but faces open water and endless routes to travel)
Post a Comment