I guess you know that a lot of very cool things happened in 1985, right? Check it out:
REALLY COOL THINGS FROM 1985:
- the first mobile phone call was made in the UK
- a guy named Boris Becker became the youngest winner (at age 17) to win the men's Wimbledon championship
- President Reagan (remember him?) and Soviet Leader Gorbachev met for the first time in Switzerland
- Compact Discs (CD's) were first introduced and sold in the U.S.
- Microsoft introduced Windows 1.0 (wow, the beginning of the end)
- Back to the Future was one of the top movies of the year, but so was Rambo: First Blood II (one of my personal faves : )
- a gallon of gasoline was about $1.20, and a first-class stamp was 20 cents.
- Nintendo makes it U.S. debut
Wow. I know that is mind-blowing stuff. But not really as cool as what happened on September 30th, 1985. So, this site is dedicated to the best thing that happened to the world in 1985 ~ Allyson Livengood!.
We love you, Allyson!
P.S. - we promise to give you all the passwords and let you take over the blog cockpit at iamLivengood.com : ) And, Dennis promises to give you a crash-course on Twitter next week.
P.S.S. - and lest you forget the importance of cake:
Post a Comment